Thursday, November 13, 2008

Island of the Blue Dolphins

I was getting tired of that Happy Halloween post so I thought I'd provide something a little different. I did go swimming with dolphins on Sunday and I do have a rash from my wetsuit. It was really a great experience so I'll deal with the rash. We also snorkeled with tropical fish and sting rays much bigger than me. The sting rays, not the fish. It was simultaneously the coolest and scariest thing ever. Southern Sting Rays = Huge. It was a great day. And afterwards we stopped at Universal's City Walk and had dinner at Bubba Gump's. I didn't realize it was such a theme restaurant and that the waitstaff has to be so annoying. I would be the world's worst Bubba Gump waitress. I was almost the worst patron--I was really tired and it is a relentlessly cheerful place. I think Keri was worse than me, though, because she was feeling sick on top of the tiredness. Probably fun if you're a little kid. "Or a kid at heart!" some would argue. To that I say, "No, not really." I am working on my second Harlequin project now, must finish that sucker today and send it off tomorrow. Then I have two more projects to do before we leave for Thanksgiving in Richmond. I'm feeling a little swamped. So, back to it, I say! TTFN!

2 comments:

Sionnach said...

You went swimming with dolphins?? You lucky skunk!

qory said...

this is great you got to do this! whenever I hear about ppl swimming with dolphins now, I think about this episode of southpark and the song he sings.