Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sad and Happy Stuff




To get the sad stuff out of the way, we lost one of our little outside neighborhood cats this weekend. His name was Cat Stevens and he was the sweetest, funniest little guy. We took him to the vet for an infected leg and he tested positive for feline leukemia so they recommended we put him down. We did and it was really sad. I guess it was a good thing he did have the infected leg otherwise he just would've gotten weaker and sicker and would have probably died in a much less peaceful way. Still sucks. We will miss him.


In better news, we finally got around to painting and sprucing up the bedroom. I wish I had any "before" pictures, but I do not. So, imagine the walls used to be a dark sage green on top, a tan color on the bottom, there was a red lamp, maroon curtains, a big chrome laundry thing in the corner by the dresser, and mismatched bedding. And now . . . .

I absolutely love it. Much better and brighter. We painted the hallway, too, so now it's not the unfortunate shade of orange I somehow thought would look like a nice rusty brown. Instead it is the light green you see in the bedroom and it really opened up the hall and classed it up a bit, too. Steve should be home with the clean laundry soon so I bid you all adieu. If anyone still reads this, that is.

No comments: