Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Junior, Wedding, New Car, New York



Junior Mints made the paper today, much to my delight! I sent this picture in last year sometime and they finally published it today. I love it!

So much has been going on since my last "post" (I don't know if it counts if I just post pictures) and I don't have time to go over it all. So, I'll give the condensed version.

1. My dad got married! July 8th in Richmond. Keri, Coley, Mandy, Frank, Theresa, and I drove up in a caravan and spent a couple of days up there with the family. It was great seeing everyone and the wedding was really pretty and touching and lots of fun. Plus, we got to hit South of the Border on the way up and on the way down.

There we are arriving at what I like to call the Crappiest Place on Earth. And I mean that will all due respect for the unique and wonderful tackiness that is South of the Border. For instance, we met this fine fellow there:
That's just a tiny taste of what awaits you should you choose to make the trip to S. of the B. I highly recommend it. And here are some pictures of the wedding so you don't think the most important thing about the trip was S. of the B.

A great time twas had by all.

2. We got a new car! We both loved the Mercedes but Steve was wanting something a little roomier because we like to take the dogs out and we're going to start camping in the fall. So we got a 2007 Dodge Magnum. It is fire-engine red with custom wheels (20" rims, suckahs) and we were complimented by complete strangers on the test drive. We think it will up our street cred in the neighborhood considerably.

3. We went to New York for a short little vacation and it was awesome. I love that city. I got to see my friend and roommate in college, Diana, and Steve got to see a friend from high school that he hasn't seen since his senior year. And we hung out with another friend of Steve's and his girlfriend and just generally had a great time.


We've been back in Tampa since Sunday and are back into the work groove and looking forward to our fall bowling league starting up in September.

Now you're up to date.

No comments: