Thursday, June 19, 2008

Beach Blanket BinGO

I am very happy to report that I am finished working for the week and tomorrow morning will be on my way to a weekend of relaxing fun. I've been working pretty long days for a couple of weeks now with a day off here and there so I'm ready for three days of no work. And only reading for fun. (Except there is pressure to finish the book for my book club--400 pages in two days? Why not, I say. The book is Lamb, by Christopher Moore, by the way, if anyone gives a flying frick.) We're going to Anna Maria Island to stay with Steve's aunt and uncle (the best hosts in the world) in the house they rent every summer near the beach. I will miss my little Junior Mints, but there will be two little girls (Steve's cousin's kids) there and they always make me laugh and are almost as cute as Junior. We will be back on Sunday in time for the book club meeting I may or may not have to wing my way through. Fortunately, having majored in English Literature, I am an old hand at winging my way through classes without actually having read the material. Just kidding, book club members, I'll read the book. I don't really like the Random Thursday Questions this week, but I've run out of things to say to you mothafuckas. Plus, it is a long-standing tradition.

1. When you Google yourself, what is the first result that comes up?
Some actress who is not very well known.

2. Are you presently the subject of any rumors?
I certainly hope so.

3. Have you ever given or received a "Dutch Oven?" (You might have to Google this one).
No.

4.What makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up?
Dutch Ovens.

5. How many of your ducks are in a row?
I like to keep my ducks in a V-shape; I find they're more comfortable that way.

6. What phrase or sentence will never come out of your mouth?
No more beer for me, thank you.

7. Have you ever been homeless or close to homeless?
Not homeless like a bum on the mean streets, but I did have to stay with my sister for about a month until I got an apartment a few years ago. A month of cigarettes and Super Nintendo.

8. What is intoxicating to you?
This question bugs me.

9. Do you have a will?
Where there's a will, there's an A

10. What is your absolute truth?
This question bugs me even more.

~Bonus Question~ Do you have a trademark--either physically, professionally or otherwise?
I'm always changing up the color and style of my hair, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a trademark. And I haven't trademarked the name of my business yet, so I'm going no on this one.

And that'll do it. Hope everyone has a good weekend, but not as good as mine!

1 comment:

qory said...

I was in NAM with a jerk like you.